New Virtual Reality Ride Opening at Great Escape This Summer
Think giant spiders and high altitudes ... yikes!
Personally when I head to the amusement park I tend to gravitate towards the coasters something about the thrill of insane drops, high speeds, and getting throw for a loop I just can't get enough of.
If you are at the other end of the spectrum where you would rather remain fairly stationary and yet experience similar thrills the Great Escape in Queensburry is getting ready to open a new virtual reality ride this summer! According to the Times Union The Drop of Doom VR is set to open at the park in July.
From watching the preview for the new ride it looks as if you are a first person shooter hanging out of a helicopter attempting to destroy giant spiders that have taken over the city! The Great Escape offered up some bullet points on what you can expect:
• A high-speed virtual vertical ascent 1,000 feet in the air while teetering off the edge of a helicopter;
• A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers that are under siege by enormous spiders;
• A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby spiders that virtually crawl all over the rider's body;
• A thrilling virtual 1,000 foot fiery plunge straight down between towering skyscrapers; and
• The final showdown with a spider the size of a van, teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode.
Of course you can always watch the preview HERE and check it out for yourself!