10 Things Every Capital Region Native Knows?
It has been suggested that I am a bit odd. I dispute this claim, but I am most certainly a Capital Region native. I am not an expert on the Capital Region, but I have been here for some time and I think that I know: The 10 things every Capital Region Native knows.
I do declare that I am not an expert and that I am merely a native, so if you disagree with any of these 10 things that every Capital Region Native knows, then make your own list in the comments.
The 10 Things every Capital Region Native Knows:
- People who are not from here can not pronounce Schenectady.
- Schenectady was scary until they opened a casino there.
- We are always proud to say that Uncle Sam is from Troy and yet we call people from Troy: Troylets.
- The Clifton Park Walmart does not have baskets.
- No one cares if you smoke weed on the lawn at Saratoga Performing Art Center.
- Greasy Gus.
- Jimmy the Monkey.
- High-School Parties at ‘The Pits’ but which ‘Pits?’
- Saratoga Winners.
- We still call it the Knick.
That is my list, what is yours?
And remember if you’re not a real Capital Region Native we will be able to tell, just like we did with those terrible McDonald’s commercials.