Is Texting & Driving More Common in New York?
Even with all of the hands-free technology that newer cars come equipped with, it's unfortunately still too easy for drivers to get distracted with their smart phones.
A hands-free texting app called Drive Mode tracked over 7 million texts over the United States and found out an alarming statistic. A large number of texts were sent from 5pm to 7pm. This means that most of the texts were sent during the commute home. It's no surprise that is the busiest time on the road.
This was all tracked from a hands-free app but the number of texts with this app alone leads us to believe that even more texts are being sent.
The study also shows that the number of texts sent during the afternoon commute is higher in New York than any other state.
A special shout out to everyone who took the WRRV Distracted Driving Pledge.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America