Get Outside and Enjoy Summer With These Upstate NY Spots
New York has so many great outdoors activities to offer- and we're not just talking Lake George!
In this never-ending heatwave (aside from a few nice cool nights the other week), what's better than fresh air and some swimming- something Upstate offers a ton of! If you don't have a camp on a lake, or live near a creek, it might be hard to find somewhere to get out and enjoy. Or, maybe you're just looking for a new spot. Either way, here's a few ideas from our experience and newyorkupstate.com!
- Dunkley Falls: Warren County - swimming, cliff jumping, and more!
- Million Dollar Beach: Warren County- OK, this one's part of the Lake George scene, but still a great place to get outdoors and enjoy!
- Peerless Pool: Saratoga- This pool recently just reopened, you can get more info here
- Jones Hollow: Rensselaer County- a swimming hole right on the Little Hoosick River where you can hang, relax, and enjoy nature
- Mosquito Point: Greene County- If you're willing to drive for the day down to Greene County, you can enjoy tons of swimming holes along the Schoharie Creek, including Mosquito Point, with deep water for swimming and rock shores for tanning!